6100 and 2.2

Thomas Carlson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:49:34 -0700

Lorenzo,

Maybe the kernel that you used doesn't support your particular cdrom device.
Try the one I used, Etsushi Kato's MachKernel-YDL2.2-2.4.6pre3 is at:

ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp/pub/users/ekato/nubus-pmac/YDL2.2/

Follow the instructions that he provides there for setting up your lilo.conf
file.  Mine is a stock cdrom drive, too.  The real problems that I had with
the installation came later.  The 2.2 installer doesn't support
installations from a hard drive or zip disk so unless you can get the kernel
to support your particular cdrom device I think you're stuck.

Good luck,

Tom