Can't boot from CD

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:58:42 -0400

After reading some of the other posts, I learned I needed to install
Boot X onto OS 9 on my Power Center 150 before I could boot from the CD.
I did this, and it worked.   However, not knowing what I was doing, I
deleted my hard drive.  No problem! It was a fresh install, and I have
the CD. I partitioned the hard drive, as it was empty anyway, and
installed OS 9 again, then installed Boot X. This time when I restarted,
it prompted me to choose OS 9 or linux. If I choose OS 9 it boots up
fine. If I choose linux, it searches and displays allot of errors, then
boots in OS 9 after 180 sec. I've tried reformatting with 1 partition,
but nothing seems to work.  I can't force it to boot from the CD either,
but it will boot fine from OS 9 CD. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.