YD Linux on rev A iMac

Mark Nye yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 23:49:34 -0400

Hi all,

I'm completely new to this list, very new to YellowDog, and somewhat new to
Linux (have been running RH Linux on a Thinkpad for a few months now). I've
recently completed a YellowDog install on my rev A, 233 iMac and am having a
problem with X, specifically:

I can't seem to run the monitor at its best 800x600 resolution. I
can start X without any problems at 1024x768, but the monitor is pretty hard
on the eyes at that resolution. When I run x-config and select iMac monitor
at 800x600, the monitor either blacks out when x starts, or the I get a
1024x768 screen.

Any ideas....?

Mark Nye