YDL partition invisible to MacOS?

Rob Guglielmetti yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 12:37:01 -0400

On 20 May 2002, at 16:05, Nigel Horne wrote:

> I have a follow-up question, how do I mount the YDL
> partition under MACOS/X (and vice versa). From what I can
> see MACOS/X doesn't understand EXT2 and YDL doesn't
> understand HFS+. Sigh.

I believe your analysis is correct.  I installed the triple
boot setup, so I have an HFS partition for MacOS9.  That
partition is visible to both OSs (OSX and YDL), so I'm using
that to shuttle data back & forth.  Might be worth the
trouble to reinstall.  There is a utility that allows HFS+
access from YDL, but I think it's still a read-only deal, so
that's not as useful...

 Rob Guglielmetti <rpg777@earthlink.net>
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rpg777