./configure and cadaver

alex nonnemacher yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 00:48:45 -0400

Hey...many thanks to Tom Spencer's post that included the apt-get instructions
for installing KDE 3.0...I've been enjoying 3 since this afternoon.

I'm having a hard time getting cadaver installed. I've gunzipped and tarred
the necessary files, but when I attempt to compile/install, using

./configure

I get the error "no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Does this mean that configure isn't present? Checking the directories
specified by echo $PATH, I found nothing titled "configure," even when I
piped "-a" onto the "ls" command.

Typing rpm -q configure yielded the response "configure is not installed."

Am I on the right track, guessing that configure is not installed? Or is this
wrong? If I'm right, how do I get configure. If I'm wrong, what should I be
looking for?

alex

nonjo@comcast.net