6500/250 w/third party ether card and YDL

Adrian Winnard yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:14:39 +0000

on 10/11/02 12:18 am, John Peterson at jpeterso@warren-wilson.edu wrote:

> Does anyone out there know if a NE2000 compatible ethernet card can
> run in YDL 2.3?  The reason I ask is because that is the card I have in
> my PowerMac 6500/250 which I am tryin to install YDL onto.  Help?

I found that I had to remove the third party additional Ethernet card in my
9600. Cards appeared to be recognised at startup but in practice didn't
work. Once I removed the extra card it worked as expected using the onboard
Ethernet. (I did not have to reinstall YDL or change anything ... just
physically removing the card did the trick.)

--
Adrian