6500/250 w/third party ether card and YDL

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:20:19 -0700

Sometime around 11:14 AM +0000 on 11/10/02, Adrian Winnard pounded
out this ditty:
>on 10/11/02 12:18 am, John Peterson at jpeterso@warren-wilson.edu wrote:
>
>>  Does anyone out there know if a NE2000 compatible ethernet card can
>>  run in YDL 2.3?  The reason I ask is because that is the card I have in
>>  my PowerMac 6500/250 which I am tryin to install YDL onto.  Help?
>
>I found that I had to remove the third party additional Ethernet card in my
>9600. Cards appeared to be recognised at startup but in practice didn't
>work. Once I removed the extra card it worked as expected using the onboard
>Ethernet. (I did not have to reinstall YDL or change anything ... just
>physically removing the card did the trick.)

Yeah, I had a 10/100 3rd-party network card in  my 8600, and it
eventually got no network/internet *at all* Removing it cured that.

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis