XFree86 woes- Still

Bill Hughes yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:07:59 -0500

I have tried and tried to get  /usr/lib/yi/dexter.py to work with my PCI Radeon and Mitsubishi 91TXM (19" CRT), but no matter what resolutions I choose, I can not get KDE to come up in a readable, "full-screen" resolution.

Also, when trying to use the "failsafe" setting, X fails to write the X-Config-4 file.

Am I missing something?
Is using a VGA-to-5x BNC cable for my Mitsubishi 91TXM the same as shooting myself in the foot?

I'd like to keep learning/using Linux, but it is becoming increasingly frustrating not being able to utilize KDE.

I know the command line is the heart of any "-IX" OS, but I'd like to know that I can get X up and running before diving into Shell-commands and really utilizing YDL's features.

As for spec's, I am using a (XLR8 MACh Carrier G3/500) 9500 w/288MB RAM, 2GB (ID 0, terminated, MacOS drive where BootX resides) 4GB (ID 1) 4x CD (ID 3) and YDL 2.3 (Dayton) is on a Seagate Cheetah (ID 1, Bus 2, I also have a Barracuda Terminated at ID 0 and a IBM Ultrastar @ ID 2) connected to Adaptec 2930 (PCI Slot A1), PCI Radeon (Slot D2) -> my 91TXM.

PLEASE help me out, it'd be extremely appreciated!!!

I made conscience decision in a "semi-conscious" state
-Yours truly

there's a sociopath within each of us waiting to miss the connection between an act and its' consequence
-glenn cook

when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
-hunter s. thompson

time is a drug, too much will kill you
-terry pratchett