G4 LCD-ADC Yaboot Hangs at White Screen

Jim Steed yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:20:46 -0400

Hello,

Sorry for the repost, but I realized I should probably post more information
on my system.  It is a dual processor Power Mac G4 1.25 GHz.  The video card
is a ATI Radeon 9000 Pro.  The monitor is a "Studio Display" 17" ADC LCD
screen.

I see now that http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/devices.shtml
says Radeon "9000" is not supported.  Would this necessarily be the cause of
having the system hang at a white/grey screen no matter what OS I load from
Yaboot?  (As I said, I even get this white screen if I try and load OS-X
from Yaboot.)

If this is the cause, I am willing to buy an older card if it means I can
run YDL on this G4 (we bought the G4 to run Linux).  What is the latest
Radeon card I can buy for which there is support in YDL 2.3?

Thanks for any help or advice,

jim steed