local network using ethernet and modem

Russell Brunet yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:35:20 -0700

Well, I think I have tracked down the problem. My PC has the following NIC:
Intel EthereExperss Pro/100A (rev 03) with a 82865 chipset. A cursory review
of the internet using google has told me that this isn't compatible. But I
wasn't able to find any references to RedHat 7.3 which is what I'm running
on the PC. Do you know of any generic drivers that might get it to work? I
may just try to get an old network card from work, but in the meantime if
you have any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Russell