YDL 2.3 installation woes

Jose Farina yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:55:27 -0300

Hi Bruce:
I had a similar problem in my imac and my ibook. Because my YDL 2.2
came with bug in the installer I downloaded and tried all the ISO
images available.
Finally I checked what is the format of my burned cd's and I found that
at least for imac and the ibook Mac OS Standard  (not HFS+ or Extended)
is the right one. I do not know which format is the best for startup
cds on the G4 , but maybe you can try burning the image using Mac OS
Standart and/or Mac OS Extended. Usually you can choose the format in
the burning cd software and you can check it after burn, highlighting
the cd in the desktop and asking for info (apple key - i)
  If you can start your computer using the c-key with another cd's, I
guess that the problem is on the cd's formats and not in your computer.
I hope that this help
regards

JM Farina