Audio CD's not playing

Eric Gold yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:22:15 +0000

Hi all,

I'm installing the latest ydl on a 2001 dual usb iBook. This is I think
my third time trying to install linux, and its been pretty easy sailing.

I think the only major hurdle remaining is playing audio CD's. They
mount fine; the fn-F12 eject button works. CD player even goes out to
the web and grabs the track  names. But when I hit play, the program
complains that 'error reading disc'. I've tried a couple of CD's to make
sure it wasn't a bad disk. XMMS fares no better; a track shows up in the
info area, but nothing more.

Thank you for taking the time to answer  this no-doubt simple problem.

-Eric