/bin/login: error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0

Kenneth Letendre yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:32:12 -0500

Hello,

   I've just installed YDL on a Power Macintosh, with a drive partitioned
for dual boot.  When I select the Linux boot under BootX, I get the
following error:

/usr/sbin/sshd: error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such object or directory

   The boot then continues and completes, and I arrived at the login:
prompt.  When I enter my username, the following error flashes momentarily:

/bin/login: error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0: cannot opn

   Then I'm returned to the login: prompt to repeat the above as many times
as I like.

   Has anyone else seen this problem or have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,

Kenneth