Hi and new

ro b yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:12:36 -0600

Hello folks
   I'm new to this list and have a few questions. Just got a powerbook G3
pismo and want to run linux.Have a couple years experience with linux and
unix clones on IBM type machines(mostly and a few macs) and just ordered
MKLinux to install on an old PowerMac 7100 for fun.
Q: What window managers does yellow dog offer if any in addition to Gnome and
KDE? I run Blackbox on a SuSE machine and love it but am open to work with
other wm.
Q: I've read on the www site for ydl that the new 3.0 will support all the
devices on the pismo including, dvd drive,USB ports,Firewire ports,Airport
slot,Ethernet port and the manufacturer's modem port. It mentions 3rd party
software to play dvd movies though. What and where is this 3rd party software?
Q: If any one has installed ydl3.0 on a pismo and has any advice for me
please let me know.
  Thanks and sorry for the long message