Graphical ssh or scp/sftp client for YDL?

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:12:38 -0500

Jason and Bill:

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 05:16  PM, Jason DeVita wrote:
> You might look for gftp. I've never tried it and I don't really know
> anything about it; but I've heard it does graphical sftp.

I tried gftp from the kicker menu. From the YDL page: "gftp 2.0.13-5: A
multi-threaded FTP client for the X Window System" -- it doesn't
mention scp/sftp anywhere in the documentation. Although it seemed to
have scp as one of the options in the GUI, I could never get it to
connect to my Mac. However, Fugu connect easily from the Mac to the YDL
PowerBook (so at least I know I set up the Ethernet cables correctly).

> I've also heard that konqueror supports sftp, but again, I've never
> tried it.

Now *that* would be an interesting idea! I will try it this evening.
Thanks!

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 04:57  PM, Longman, Bill wrote:
> On Windoze WinSCP is pretty sweet. winscp.sourceforge.net. Sorry,
> Clint, I don't know if they have a Mac version.

Thanks! I use WinSCP on my only concession to Windows computing, a
Toshiba Libretto 70 running Windows 95. It works quite well, and is my
primary means of transferring files into and out of the Libretto.

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint.macdonald@ttuhsc.edu>