Find running apps on hard drive

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:32:26 -0500

Friends:

Many applications are available through the kicker menu in Yellow Dog
Linux, but others can be had through simple commands. How do I
determine the true name and location of an application I can only
activate through the kicker or through other means?

I have several times wanted to do this, but here is one example: the
Mozilla browser has a rather nice component called Composer for
graphical creation of Web pages. I would like to load Composer directly
(perhaps from the command line) without having to bring up Mozilla
Navigator first (this might be a bad example if Composer and Navigator
are too intimately combined).

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Clint