Thanks for your assistance and now NEW questions...

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:00:57 -0500

Thanks for your help and assistance.  Your guidance has helped me
move a bit more forward in the magical open source forest of Linux.
Lowell Premer <lowell@kc.rr.com>
Angela Kahealani <angela@kahealani.com>
joev_nylxs@pipeline.com

NEW Questions:
I know that by changing the hosts file in /etc I can name my system
as I please.
However, by doing so will I be limiting or interfering with future
installations or upgrades of software?

What do I have to do to printconf or the printtools package so that
it recognizes my hp printer?  Do I have to download the most recent
version from
sourceforge.org and recompile it?  Also how do I get of rid of all
those pesky intel specific processor calls usually embedded in such
open source code; how do I get rid of those and enter the correct
calls to the PPC processor I have (or will have)?  Overall target
difficulty which I'm attempting to resolve: I have
a hp deskjet 6122 (a really, really good printer) and I downloaded
the current interface for CUPS but I can't get my system to recognize
either the downloaded usb driver under the proper printer name or for
CUPS to use the appropriate driver and print a simple test page.

Did somebody out there say I pitch softballs?

--
Light flashing against Sky and Earth.
Thoughts/Swords.

A reminder of all the world's best thoughts in two words expressed in
the language of the Cherokee:

Mitakuye Oyasin...
meaning We are all related!

Got Chi?