Thanks for your assistance and now NEW questions...

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:33:25 -0000

--On Sunday, February 9, 2003 10:02 am +0000 Joe Villari
<joev_nylxs@pipeline.com> wrote:

> As far as printing goes, check the archives. I've been wrestling with
> geting my HP 4MP to work.  At this point I've bailed on it because I just
> don't have the time. I could never get CUPS to work but am able to print
> postscript files via lpd and lpr. There are several howtos on setting up
> CUPS, USB and Network printers; start at
> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/.

How is your HP4MP connected?  Mine is connected via an HP JetDirect box and
I print to the IP number on port 9100.  I was quite impressed with the ease
of CUPS to set it up - I've had nightmare problems with trying to get *NIX
to print before, but CUPS seemed really easy - right down to setting it to
print A4 by default, something it's taken OSX until 10.2.3 to do!

Suzanne