So New I have an Umbillical Cord

Chuck Coleman yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:10:31 -0800

On 2/21/03 5:33 PM, "Nick" <email@ilikepaperandpens.com> wrote:

> HD is ok i think, 500mb above the minimum and i can get it to load KDE
> using the failsafe mode but not anything else and you can't use it in
> that state because of the poor res.
>
> Memory might be a problem as its only got 96mb. But I thought linux was
> able to work on older machines with lower specs?

You will need at least 3GB of HD space especially if you want to run KDE. I
have found it will run on less bet not nearly as efficient or as fast. I use
5GB and it works great.

I also have 512MB of RAM on my 8600 that makes use of the swap disk a rare
occurrence. It is also much faster than when I ran it on 128MB.

Chuck