Probs installing on a 6500/250

guillaume yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:36:43 -0500

Message: 2
Subject: Re: Probs installing on a 6500/250
From: "Oscar G. Maldonado" <ogmcotero@yahoo.com.mx>
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Date: 24 Feb 2003 15:36:43 -0600

Sorry for the delay in replying.. The disc is fine, and I guess I solved my
problem by installing using the 2.2 kernel and not the 2.4; why? bites me..
Everything installed fine from then on, used the "recommended" installation
for packages (developper workstation). But 64 mb of RAM is indeed slow, the
machine is very slow when running KDE.. Ah well, thanks for everybody's help
:-)

G.

El lun, 24-02-2003 a las 13:01,
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com escribió:

> --On Saturday, February 22, 2003 10:09 am -0500 guillaume
> <pixelhaus@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

> > i re-read the installation manual, the partitioning doesn't seem to be
the
> > problem, but i can't figure out why the installer comes to a dead stop
> > every single time. for the record, i tried both the x11 GUI and
text-mode
> > installers, same error happens; but i haven't tried installing with the
> > vmlinux-2.2 kernel, only the 'standard' 2.4 one. could my selection of
> > kernel be the problem?
>
> Could it be a problem with the disc itself?  Maybe try burning a new image
> and see if that solves anything.  64Mb is rather low, I believe 128Mb is
> recommended, though whether that would stop an installation I don't know.
> Can you recall the cryptic message at all?

I just had the same problem whenever I tried to install YDL 2.3 to my
Imac DV 400, but it only happened with the "ALL" instalation, the
problem was gone when I install a workstation set, I really think that
it may be some thing with the installer script, because even the only
time that the instalation went trough all the file copy, when I get to
the network configuration, it just fail again, I hope that this can help
you out...