Trouble with ssh

Colin Ward yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:00:06 +0000

Running YDL2.3 on dual usb ibook500(may2001). i use x-windows with ssh quite
a lot. I log into my home G4(running OSX )when at work, and from home i log
into a number of different macs at work. I do this with my G4 and ibook,
depends what room i'm in. All this works fine but for one problem, i can't
log into the ibook from another puter when its running YDL. I get
ssh: connect to address #.#.#.# port 22:Connection refused.
It works perfectly in OSX, so it must be something on the YDL side that I'm
not aware of. I don't have any type of firewall running(AFAIK)and I've got
my ssh config files set up the same as i have in OSX. What could be
stopping this from work. Yes i'm still (after 18months) a newbie. Any help
or ideas welcome.
COlin