Netatalk and AppleTalk Printers

Joe Villari yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 10:28:53 +0000

After unpluging and repluging in the ethernet cable and restarting atalk
I'm now able to see the printer:

[joev@localhost joev]$ nbplkup
                      localhost:AFPServer
65280.231:128
                      localhost:netatalk
65280.231:4
                      localhost:Workstation
65280.231:4
                HP LaserJet 4MP:LaserWriter
65280.219:132

I tried configuring it in CUPs but I'm not quite sure what to choose for
the paths and stuff. I've tried a few with no success. I no generate an
error which seems conflicting; something like I can't see the printer at
the socket - Success.

So, now I'm working on configuring CUPs or lpd.

Joe