data partition

Jason Stevens yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
02 Jul 2003 01:28:22 +0300

Ron,

I'm glad you're still working on this. I've already partitioned my drive
to try to share a volume between OS X and YDL, and am just now getting
into the nitty gritty. I did not manage to find a way to save the OS X
installation, so I just reformatted. Disk Druid did not offer a way to
resize the OS X partition, so I didn't venture any further with that.

Anyway, using my OS X installation CDs, I created a Mac OS Extended
partition and installed OS X on it. I created a large Mac OS Extended
partition for use in sharing files between Mac and Linux. Finally, I
created a Free Space partition for Linux and installed YDL on it.

Here's where things stand at the moment: I can't seem to access the
large volume I created from YDL (even without MOL running). It is
recognized as /dev/hda3, but I can't mount it.

Do I need to set a mount point for this volume in YDL and assign
user-level read/write permissions to it before I can access it in YDL?
Or was Mac OS Extended perhaps the wrong format to choose (HFS+, per se,
is not an option--I think the only options are Mac OS Standard, Mac OS
Extended, Free Space, and UNIX)?

I'll keep working on this, but I'll look forward to receiving any
suggestions you might have for now.

Thanks again,

Jason