imac 15" (G3) / imac 17" (G4) YDL performance?

jaspal kallar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:01:14 +0100

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0193331059166874_ID

I'm looking closely at buying an imac 1GHz 17" and installing YDL 3.0.

I just wondered what the performance was like with only the standard
256 MB RAM and how the performance compared with OS X?
My opinion of OS X is that it seems slow in GUI response compared
to my 256 RAM Athlon 500 Mhz pc (4 years old) with Suse Linux.

Also can anybody comment on the screen clarity in YDL 3.0 compared
to in OS X (which I have seen in the stores)? Is DVD playback ok?

Can I use the same apple keyboard and if so where are the { and the }
keys?  I could not see them when I was at the stores here in Sweden
( A swedish keyboard).

I searched in this mailing list and other places and it seems at least to me that the
hardware is well supported by YDL 3.0 apart from the modem.

  Vad st=E5r det om dig p=E5 n=E4tet?
  Kolla nu! - http://www.lycos.se/

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0193331059166874_ID--