Disk Druid problem; where's 'Guide'?

Lou Puls yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 00:00:39 -0600

When I tried to use Disk Druid to partition my G3 Lombard (1999) for YDL
3.0, I highlighted the Free Space then selected 'New', followed by
'Apple Bootstrap', then size 1 Mb, Fixed showed up preselected.  The
'Companion' then says to select 'New' again, but the current window
stays in control until 'OK' is clicked (i.e. another 'New' has no
effect).  When I do click 'OK' the response is that the partition failed
with no allocation.

Is some preparation of the Free Space required prior to Disk Druid?  I
assume the "Guide" would tell me, but all I can find to download is the
'Companion', of which I already had a copy, along with the 'Getting
Started' book.  Does the 'Guide' still exist as a download, or is it now
only what is "on-screen during the installation process"?

Any help welcome, thanks
Lou