Missing some sound on B&W G3 450

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 02:07:20 -0500 (CDT)

I have a Rev 2. B&W 450.  I get the sounds when KDE is loading but when I
run the KDE Sound config i get nothing.  No sounds at all.  I run sound
config and it finds Apple|DMASOUND which i'm assuming is right.  WHen it
tries to play a sound w/ SNDCONFIG it comes up w/ a message saying "am
error occured opening dev/audio" so i do the manual configure and choose
the DMASOUND soundcard and i dont get the error but I dont get sound.  If
i reboot i get the boot and loading sounds, but if i run sndconfig the
same thing happens.   What's the deal?
Thanks in advance
Matt