is it possible?

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:59:04 +0100

--On Tuesday, June 3, 2003 9:42 am -0500 "James A. Ricken"
<jsacem316@netzero.com> wrote:

> Hi again
> I was wondering.Is it possible to run yellowdog 3.0 by itself on my mac
> I own one of those oldworld dead end PowerPC 6500 boxes and I would
> really  like to give yd l3.0 all the hard drive space.
>
> maybe someday I can afford to buy a brand new shiny mac.if I win the
> lotery or  find a rich relative.

Because it's an old world machine it won't yaboot, that means you need at
least a minimal install of MacOs in order to get the machine booted via
BootX. You only need around 70Mb HFS partition for a basic MacOS install.
You can set BootX to default to a Linux boot so you never see the actual
MacOs install.

Suzanne