/etc/fstab

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:25:15 -0700

> The line below is my cd.  I can tell that the ro is under
> where the numbers
> should be.  I guess I will have to move the line over so the
> 0 0 is in the
> right place.  Thanks for letting me know about this.
>
> /dev/cdrom  /mnt/cdrom   udf,iso9660,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

Nope, you need a filesystem type.

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

should do it.

I don't know why it would say both udf and iso9660 in the options field,
unless that was where the error arose. UDF is the filesystem for DVDs. Maybe
if it doesn't find the first type, it reverts to the second. Why not use
auto though? Anyway, you could probably safely replace "iso9660" with "auto"
and let it figure out the disk type. Besides, iso9660 is the default anyway.

Bill