how to mount, recognize cd burner -- firewire,resolved!

Antonio Netzer yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:58:28 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks everyone for all the info, this is what i ended up doing
in case someone has similar problems

i ran first
%/sbin/modprobe sbp2
%tail -f var/log/messages

nothing was recognized when i plug in the burner, it was telling me
something about loading base ieee1394 drivers first
so i did the following
%/sbin/modprobe ieee1394
%/sbin/modprobe spb2

toastx was able to see the drive, still can't mount it yet,
I was able to burn a disc, although i got bad data, but i guess i just
have to play with the settings to make sure its doing everything right

thanks

Netz