password and username problems

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:21:49 -0400

I installed YDL 3.0 on my powermac 8500 and it worked pretty well. The
text based installer seemed to work without trouble.however, when it
asekd for my user name and password after install, there was a problem. I
made two accounts during install, the root and a user name. I tried both
of these at the login screen, exactly as I typed them, But they didn't
work. Sooo, I reinstalld linux. This time I was extra carefull. I wrote
down the names and passwords. However, you guessed it, they didn't work.
Am i doomed to never use linux? PLEase advise.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!