Can't disable firewall

Jason Stevens yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
09 Jun 2003 00:09:21 +0300

Does anyone know how to completely disable the firewall in YDL? I've
tried doing so using the Security Level tool as well as Lokkit, but the
changes I make are NEVER applied. The security level remains at "High"
with "Use default firewall rules."

I am behind a hardware (router) firewall, so the software firewall is
rather useless to me. I am not able to print on my local network
(although the remote printer is detected in YDL), and I can't view ANY
multimedia on the web. I have Real Player installed and configured
properly, but can't even use it to view or listen to any content
whatsoever.

Note: I installed YDL using the default firewall options (Medium with
DHCP allowed, which is supposed to allow Real audio/video to run). This
firewall just has to go!!!