3.0 cdrom

Jason Stevens yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:49:29 +0300

Nikolas,

I'm happy that helped you a bit with your audio troubles. The error message
you're getting with the CD-ROM device you created must be coming from KDE.
I've seen the same thing before. Is it only happening when you try to mount
an audio CD? To my knowledge, YDL doesn't know the difference between audio
and data CD's, and expects you to take the trouble of mounting data CD's and
NOT mounting audio CD's.

I would not worry about the error message. I actually disposed of the
desktop link I created to my combo drive. When I load a data CD, the
contents become available in Nautilus (GNOME) or Konqueror (KDE) just by
browsing to /mnt/cdrom. I happen to use GNOME, and a very simple trick to
mount the medium in the drive is to right-click on the desktop, point to
Disks on the menu, and select CD-ROM. You may want to try that--it may be
just the solution you're looking for.

As far as adjusting your output volume, use the volume control tool (sound
control?) tool. The defaults are really good, in my opinion. If you have an
Apple Pro keyboard, and the volume control buttons don't function in YDL,
you can add an applet for volume control in your taskbar in either KDE or
GNOME by right clicking in the taskbar and navigating to the volume control
application.

Good luck,

Jason