CD-images of the system

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:51:04 +0200

I downloaded what I thought was some kind of a CD image of an installing
CD, from Yellowdog's pages. It was about 670 Mb. I burnt it on a CD and
Thought it would work as a booting disc. But my computer (6500/250)
doesn't recognise the disc. Well, it does, but there's just this
meaningless file on the disc. I haven't done the partitions yet, needed
for the Linux installation. I just wanted an assurance that the system
will be installable from the CD that I burnt.

I did the burning with a Windows machine. Is that the problem? The burner
had no special ISO option, but the help file said that the burner uses
the ISO standard. Obviously all the time.