YDL 3.0 - KPPP & Screensavers don't work

Madhusudan Katti yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 06 May 2003 11:10:20 -0700

Hi,

I had asked about a KPPP issue after installing YDL 3.0 over the
weekend, but I was not a subscriber to the lists then, so am not sure if
my query got posted or was responded to. I have not seen any response
since I subscribed, so here goes again:

I am unable to establish a ppp connection with KPPP.It detects the modem
correctly, dials out, goes through the initial steps after establishing
connection (i.e., the modem goes silent), but then I get Timeout Error
with the connection log window stuck at "starting pppd...". The 3-line
error log is not very helpful, and has some error code 15, saying the
pppd quit after timeout. I've tried increasing the timeout option in the
misc. panel to max, but that does not help. I know that my ppp settings
are fine because I am able to connect using r-c-n 1.2 as well as the
Network Device Control utility in System Tools. They both work fine -
and this is how I am sending this email right now. So what gives with
KPPP?

Another problem: none of the screensavers work! I see a whole long list
of modules in the Screensaver preference panel, but nothing happens if I
click on any of them - no demo, or test even. Otherwise the screen does
go dark after 5 minutes of non-use.

That's all so far - everything else seems to be working great, so kudos
to the YDL team as far as this newbie is concerned.

thanks,
Madhu