MOL won't run full screen

Soriano, Victor John (Vic) yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 16:23:06 -0400

All,

I'm new to the list, so please don't flame me if I'm asking a question
that's already been answered a hundred times (On this note, is there an
archive for this list?).

I have a PowerMac with YDL installed; the PowerMac has a GeForce4 MX video
card. MOL runs fine under X, but I can't get it to run fullscreen. Everytime
I run 'molvconfig' (as root), none of the modes work. They don't even test
out, I get BAD BAD BAD across the board. However, I'm running X OK at
1600x1200 with 24-bit color.

I tried to use 'fbset' from a console to set a video mode in /etc/fb.modes,
and none of them other than 640x480-8 work. I'm assuming that molvconfig is
trying to use 'fbset' to test the frambuffer modes and nothing is working.

Any ideas why I might be having a problem? I'd love to use OS X in
fullscreen mode if at all possible.

Thanks,
Vic