return to castle wolfenstein anyone one able to install withydl?

Steve yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 10:11:06 -0700

Hanz Harz wrote:
> my hope was installing
> linux would give me the chance to run this new update.

You can't run linux RTCW binaries on a Mac based Linux system because
they're compiled for x86 systems.

If ET was a mod, like WolfTactics, or an update of RTCW then your
chances of seeing it on a Mac system any time soon would be better. But
it's not. ET is its own game, and it is being given away for free and
has its own bugs to be worked out. A Mac port would require a good chunk
of work.

> Yet installing seams rather hard what i read from the several info i
> find on the internet.

Installing RTCW and ET on my x86 Linux system wasn't a problem.

Steve