Howto?: network a Beige OSX and 7600 YDL2.3

David Purdy yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 13:20:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Ron:

I will try the ping, after making sure the physical
and logical setups are complete.

I already applied the 2.3 fix describe on the HowTo
pages, to fix netatalk.  If I may be so bold...a few
questions...

Q0. Can I still network the two via the
crossovercable?  Does the connection **have** to go
through a router?

Q1: Do I configure the machines via the respective
configuring devices:

mac osX box <-> Network System Preferences

ydl 2.3 box <-> redhat-config-network   ...?

Q2: What commands/programs do I use to actually
see/connect to the other machine, to see it on a
desktop?  Go To Server in Mac OSX?    What will that
access look like in Linux/YDL- ie. do I brows to it or
what, in Linux?

Q4.  Is what you describe an AppleTalk-based
connection, or is it some other protocol?

Thanks,

Dave