can't transfer files between networked YDL boxes

David Purdy yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 18:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

Ron:

I was able to connect via ssh and scp just fine.  It
took a moment to figure out the command formats, but I
got it.  LOL, on my first try I ended up copying the
file from the remote home directory to the remote
desktop!  Well, I got it...thanks.

The one machine (G3 w/ YDL 3.0) seemed to have a ssh
server already running on it.  I don't think the 2.3
machine had it listed in the services.  I'm not sure
why that is.  Is it possible to install ssh after
basic installation?

Back to the FTP thing... how hard is it to install and
configure a basic ftp server anyway? Any good
references for the newbie like me? (reads as: I will
have to have *everything spelled out.)

Thanks again,

Dave Purdy

--- David Purdy <purdyd_at_wisheights@yahoo.com>