can't transfer files between networked YDL boxes

David Purdy yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 19:53:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi back, Ron:

I guess I overlooked the HowTo page, now reorganized
by version, etc, and in the General Yellow Dog Linux,
under networking, Kai Staats tells how to install
sshd.  It was remarkably simple...and it worked right
away, out of the box.

I just popped in the 2.3 CD, mounted it and changed
directory to point to the rpm's, did just what the
HowTo says.  Done in seconds.  A restart and I was up
and running, sshd running on both machines.

It was deceivingly subtle how ssh suddenly changed the
command line prompt to ... a different machine.  Wow,
what a concept.

I may try that fptd install in a few days.

Thanks,

Dave