[OT] Re: Monitor problem

Angela Kahealani yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 02:47:45 -1000

On Fri, 2003-05-30 00:19, Pedro Gutierrez wrote:
> Goofus,
>
> I side with you but I think calling her 'bitch' isn't the way to go.
> You should apologize.

No problem, due to a private request he made in e-mail,
that I never quote him, I put him in my killfile so I'll never
see any of his postings so that I can't accidentally quote
them in a copyrighted e-mail, which is the only kind I send.

> Angela: it seems that you won't quit until everyone agrees with you.

No, I'm perfectly happy for everyone to do whatever they believe.
The PROBLEM is that Christians will never quit until everyone
agrees with them. That's why we have a Christian message in
the guy's signature... although there is a remote possibility that
he had intended to supply random humor, there is nothing humorous
about his Christian message.

> Have you noticed that nobody else was offended by Bert's random sig?

I'm not offended at that signature, I'm offended that it's in a Linux forum.

> I'm not saying that what everybody accepts is true and good, but you
> have made your point that you don't like those, and when sigs talk
> about spirituality/politics you are offended. That's ok, but would you
> please stop?

In case you didn't notice, I already did. When people stop harrassing
ME for having called "OFF TOPIC" in a Linux forum, and the off topic
postings cease, I'll stay on topic. You CAN count on me to protest
off-topicness, though I'm willing to filter out any e-mail whose subject
starts with "[OT]" and not protest them. I shall implement that now.

> Your very sig is also at fault 'cause people here in this forum live
> all over the world and copyright legislation is different. Or have you
> read copyright law from Mexico (where I'm from) and Spain (where I'm
> right now)??

But those laws don't apply in either America, or in
the United States, nor here in Hawai`i.

> I could find your sig offensive or even not legal from my
> perspective. Know what? I will use my common sense and won't be
> offended because the matter at hand is PPC Linux and your 'copyright'
> is clearly a sig; one I thought was just a joke.

When I joke you'll see a :-)

> I sometimes use a quote from a mexican revolution leader as a sig.
> Someone could call it a political sig, but it isn't, at least not for
> me. I get all kinds of mail with custom (or random) sigs and I take
> them for what they are and move on.

Mail, fine, there nothing is off topic...
but this isn't one-to-one e-mail, it's a subject oriented forum,
just as every UseNet NewsGroup is a subject oriented forum.
Off Topic postings or parts of postings constitute inappropriate
noise in the database. When the data is to be sorted by subject,
the data needs to occur subject sorted, and religion is offtopic here.

> What you have said and done IS WAY BEYOND the purposes of this list.

Yes, can we please get back to Linux and off of PoliticoReligio stuff?

Anyone care to respond to my ON-topic postings so that I stop wasting
my time responding to these offtopic postings?

> I  didn't want to get involved in the discussion but the last Goofus
> e-mails will surely give us all a lot of your thoughts, so I decided to
> speak up.
>
> Hoping this will stop,

It's done as far as I'm concerned,
until the next posting trying to impose Christianity into my reality
via a Linux forum.

> Pedro

Aloha, Kahealani

--
Copyright 2003 Angela Kahealani. http://www.kahealani.com/
All Rights Reserved Without Prejudice, UCC 1-207,