YD3.0 Wireless Inoperative

Ron Smith yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:18:30 -0700

What do you see when you run /sbin/ifconfig -a   ?

You should see at least an entry for eth0 (should be the built in
ethernet port). If you also see an entry for eth1 then your
installation is at least recognizing a second interface (should be the
airport card). If so you are at least on the right track.

When you try to run the network configuration control panel from KDE (I
assume you are using the stock YDL KDE install), do you get an error?
There is a fix for the python script error if that is happening to you.
I don't remember the name of the file, but by adding the line KEY=""
the script will start working.

Hope that helps,

-Ron