Still getting errors while running ./configure

John Dennis yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
30 Sep 2003 22:07:09 -0700

I got the XFree86-devel loaded on my machine and the c++ compiler, but I
am still getting errors.  I placed the output from the check for the
XFree86 and the next few lines until the error.  I would like to know
what else I need to get on my machine to be able to run this with out
errors.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... yes
checking for Xinerama... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for libz... configure: error: not found. Check your
installation and look into config.log