howto use data-projector (aka beamer) with YDL 3.0 on iBook2

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:07:15 +0200 (CEST)

PS. is this the way to do it (from Ben Herrenschmidt's webpage)?
Is this already in YDL?

http://penguinppc.org/~benh/

My recent kernels have a feature for Rage128 based PowerBooks to drive the
external VGA connector for mirroring. You can use the m3mirror that can be
found here: (Binary) (Source).This tool is used that way:

m3mirror lcd:0 crt:1
Will disable the LCD and enable the VGA output

m3mirror lcd:1 crt:1
Will enable both the LCD and the VGA output

etc...

It is possible to use all of the chip supported resolutions on the VGA
output, but you should make sure you disable the LCD if you are in
anything but 1024x768-60. I'm not sure if you may damage your LCD by doing
so but it looks unsafe. I'll try to figure out a way to let aty128fb know
about the LCD size and automatically switch it off on unsupported
resolutions.
Additionally, you can pass aty128fb two parameters on the kernel command
line, for example:
video=aty128fb:crt:1,lcd:0
Will boot the kernel with display on the VGA output only.