howto use data-projector (aka beamer) with YDL 3.0 on iBook2

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:28:25 +0200 (CEST)

PS.
> PS. is this the way to do it (from Ben Herrenschmidt's webpage)?
> Is this already in YDL?
> http://penguinppc.org/~benh/
> > My recent kernels have a feature for
> > Rage128 based PowerBooks to drive the
> > external VGA connector for mirroring.
> > You can use the m3mirror that can be
> > found here: (Binary) (Source).
> > This tool is used that way:
> > m3mirror lcd:0 crt:1
> > Will disable the LCD and enable the VGA output

I've been told that the "solution" above is only for powerbooks,
not for iBooks. But I've found something else, it's quite crazy but
if it will work...

> VGA out does with some trick. You should shut down
> your machine, plug in the vga adapter then push the
> power button to power it up and suddenly close the lid.
> OpenFirmware's gonna detect you want to use an external
> monitor and will enable it itself.

This is from

http://mij.oltrelinux.com/ibook/ppc_linux.html

One also has to fix up XF86Config specially, sigh...