mounting hfs+ partitions in yellowdog, and vice versa

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:30:56 -0500

Mr. Gill:

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 04:03  AM, Richard.Gill@math.uu.nl
wrote:
> I made some more progress towards mounting hfsplus partitions from YDL.

Cool -- this could become a very interesting project.

> Firstly, there actually already exists a package in YDL 3.0 called
> hfsplusutils
>
> [... explanations snipped ...]
>
> Unfortunately the linux kernel shipped with YDL 3.0 is too old to be
> able to use this software directly. Either one should rebuild the
> kernel with a patch added, or one should replace the kernel with a
> newer one e.g. from
>
> <http://www.ppckernel.org/>
>
> In that case one may as well go for a kernel specially compiled for
> your own architecture, in my case iBook...
>
> I will report on the succes or otherwise of this adventure later... It
> seems that it ought not to be too difficult... [famous last words]...

Please, please, please keep us informed of your progress! The ability
to see and manipulate files on HFS+ drives would be an immense
convenience for all of us using Linux in conjunction with the Mac OS.

Keep up the good work!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>