YDL3 install fails - clam shell iBook with OSX/OS9

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:55:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

This is driving me mad. :)

Clam-shell iBook - 384MB RAM - 10GB HD - freshly formatted with OSX and
OS9 - one partitiion - try to install YDL3 off the CDROM - I get to the
"select an installation type" - no matter what installation type I select
(eg: workstation, server, etc) I then get a debug prompt.

It is a long error but the last 3 lines are:

"KeyError: Apple HFS"
> /usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py(61)fileSystemTypeGet
-> return fileSystemTypesKey[key].

(Let me know if you want me to manually type in the full error listing.)

Initially I thought it was the CD's that I brought (from a linux user
group) but upon purchasing a new set of CD's (and asking for them to be
burnt at a slower speed) I am still experiencing problems.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

BB