(no subject)

Sam Collins yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:44:23 -0700

Apologies in advance, major newbie-ness ahead:

So I just installed ydl 3 on an ibook g3 700 with no problems at all.
I'd like to install firefox as my main browser.  I read last week on
this list about a ydl rpm for firefox at:
http://gurke.gaertner.de/ydl-rpms
So I downloaded the rpm, and my question is:  what do I do with the rpm
file now?
A google search turned up lots of references to fedora's 'package
manager'--messing around in the gnome menus I don't see this.  I looked
too at 'yum list' and nothing there looked terribly helpful.
I assume there is a totally obvious solution, and I'd be super grateful
for any ydl enlightenment.

thanks in advance,

-Sam