Install questions

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:31:36 -0500

Mr. Maxwell:

Euan Maxwell wrote:
> I also considered both the 15" and the 17" but decided that the whole
> point of the laptop was to be portable.

That is sort of the way I am leaning. Since I will miss the greater
screen space, however, I am looking forward to setting up a second
monitor with the 12" PowerBook.

> It is a lovely bit of kit but
> you are right, it does seem to run hot.

I have read that was an issue. I hope it remains bearable.

> I also bought an Apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, any luck getting
> these to work under YDL??

Someone on one of these lists (I wish I could remember who) reported
recently that Bluetooth works "out of the box" with YDL. Sadly, you will
almost certainly be able to get Airport Extreme (Apple's 802.11g
implementation) to work in YDL. :-(

> What about the WLAN stuff and dual-heading??

You will have to ask someone on this list who knows what he or she is
talking about!

Also, do yourself a favor and subscribe to the Yellow Dog General list;
it handles higher level questions well, and is being archived (see my
signature, below, for details).

Best wishes,
Clint

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: