Install questions

Euan Maxwell yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 02 May 2004 23:29:37 +0100

Hi there.

I mailed the newbie list on Thursday to ask a few questions regarding
installation on my brand new powerbook (1.33Ghz/12"/Superdrive).

Well, I can report that it installs on this machine without a single
hitch!!!  After reading some of the posts, I didn't know what to expect
come installation of YDL but, to be honest, it was just as easy as
installing a popular distro such as Fedora on a standard i386 box.

I haven't fully tested the system (only just finished the install) but X
starts fine and I have sound and networking.

The only thing I can see from a quick scan of dmesg is some bluetooth
errors (I have the new Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse):

bluetooth.c: usb_bluetooth_probe - improper number of endpoints.
Bluetooth driver not bound.

I will probably push my luck over the next few days and try to compile a
2.6.x on it.  Does anyone have a .config handy for a G4 Powerbook??  If
not, I'll have a whirl myself.

If that doesn't resolve these errors, has anyone here got the bluetooth
keyboard/mouse working under YDL?

Thanks for the help (especially Clint) so far.

Cheers,

Euan.