CD-ROM not found during installation Yellowdog Linux 3.0

Mans Tanneryd yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:40:55 +0200

Hi! I had a somewhat similar problem trying to get my PowerComputing
PowerCurve to read the YDL CD's. The CD's worked just fine on other
computers so there was nothing wrong with them as far as I could understand.
After a while I decided to burn new CD's and happend to burn these with 4x
speed which happens to be the maximum read speed on the cd-rom on my
PowerCurve. All of a sudden it worked!! I'm not sure why this would make any
difference, I didn't think write-speeds were correlated to read-speeds, but
it did. Might be worth a try if your situation is comparable, in this
(4x)-respect, with mine...

/Mans